[Tutor] How to install package (I. Alejandro Fleischer)

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 23:25:45 CEST 2013

On 15 July 2013 19:53, I. Alejandro Fleischer <iafleischer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Im trying to install ipython for using with my already installed python 2.7,
> on windows xp 32 bit.
>
> It says I have to have a package named " distribute". I' ve downladed it.
>
> Dont know how to implement the package, wich seems not to be an executable
> archive.

I think that you should actually install setuptools instead of
distribute (the situation with these two packages is a little
confusing at the moment). You can do that with the ez_setup.py script
here:
https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/downloads/ez_setup.py

If you already know how to run a Python script then just download and
run that script and it should download and install setuptools for you.
Then you should be able to install ipython.

Oscar