[Tutor] How to install package (I. Alejandro Fleischer)

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 22:40:48 CEST 2013

I think the easiest thing is to install the Enthought Canopy distro, free -
It has Numpy <http://www.numpy.org>, Scipy <http://www.scipy.org>,
IPython<http://ipython.org>,
Matplotlib <http://matplotlib.org>, and just about every other common
dependency you'll need in the future: And it's nice they're all there. I
recently installed something that, only afterward the install failed, told
me it needed wxPython. I checked their web page - no mention at all of the
dependency. That's just not nice ;')

https://www.enthought.com/products/epd/free/

This is for Py 2.7

Jim

Enthought Python Distribution Free

Enthought Python Distribution (EPD) Free has been reloaded, as Canopy
Express <https://www.enthought.com/products/canopy#/limited>. Like EPD
Free, Canopy Express is a lightweight distribution of Python essentials for
scientific and analytic computing. It includes Python packages
Numpy<http://www.numpy.org>,
Scipy <http://www.scipy.org>, IPython <http://ipython.org>,
Matplotlib<http://matplotlib.org>,
Pandas <http://pandas.pydata.org>,
Traits<http://code.enthought.com/projects/traits>,
Enaml <http://docs.enthought.com/enaml>, and more. But Canopy Express also
comes with a new graphical analysis environment built on top of Enthought's
proven Python distribution.

On 15 July 2013 11:53, I. Alejandro Fleischer <iafleischer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Im trying to install ipython for using with my already installed python
> 2.7, on windows xp 32 bit.
>
> It says I have to have a package named " distribute". I' ve downladed it.
>
> Dont know how to implement the package, wich seems not to be an executable
> archive.
>
> any help please?

Jim

If you find yourself running into a wall, stop running into a wall! --Mark
Lutz
If you can't go through a wall, go around it. --Jim Mooney