[Tutor] New Python 3.3.2 Install Fails to Start-Up

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Wed Jul 10 14:11:46 CEST 2013

On 07/08/2013 01:43 AM, Nathan Schlaffer wrote:
> Dear Tutor,
>
> I have a Windows 7 Laptop. I installed Python Version 3.3.2 this morning
> and it worked fine. Then I tried to run a program someone else wrote (see
> below), and Python closed.

What's that mean?  HOW did you try to run the other program?  If you're
doing it from within IDLE, then I cannot help, as IDLE makes no sense to
me.  Please distinguish "Python closed" from "IDLE did ????"

> Then I couldn't get Python to restart

Again, what did you do to try to start Python?
     c:\mydir >  python3.3

or smething else?

> even after
> rebooting several times. I then uninstalled Python, rebooted, cleaned the
> Windows registry,

At that point, nothing runs and you have to reinstall Windows.

> and reinstalled Python from scratch. But I stilll
> couldn't start Python, so I tried uninstalling Python and using a restore
> point several times with no success. I still can't make Python run from the
> IDLE (Python GUI) on the start menu. Can anybody please help me?

Get Python running, and only then consider using IDLE.

--
DaveA