[Tutor] please return flys in ointment

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue Jul 9 04:22:47 CEST 2013

On 09/07/13 05:59, Jim Mooney wrote:
>> To make a custom error, first pick another error that's a superset of what
>> you're doing.  Then simply derive your error class from it.  As a minimum:
>>
>> class TooHugeError (ValueError):
>>      pass
>>
>> Actually, I didn't get to classes yet since I wanted to nail procedural -
> I'm in no rush - but that looks simple enough.
>
> Damn, computer is overheating again. I'll be glad when the AZ heatwave is
> over so I can get back to more hours on the computer, but Reality
> intervenes ;')

That's what I keep telling my AGW-Denialist friend, but he prefers living in a fantasy world where human beings can inject four Hiroshima A-bombs worth of heat into the oceans and atmosphere every second without consequence. (The actual excess heat accumulated over the last decade is 8000 million million megajoules per year.) Global temperatures were increasing even over the last few years while the solar cycle was cooling, now that the solar cycle is returning to its heating phase, so get used to it, you're experiencing a small glimpse of the future.

--
Steven