[Tutor] Fwd: HELP-Regarding python

Walter Prins wprins at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 10:15:35 CET 2013

Gayathri,

On 30 January 2013 06:51, Gayathri S <gayathri.s112 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All....!
>                  I don't know how to read text file in python. If the data
> values are stored in a text file format, for example(1,30,60,90,120...200)
> means what i would do for reading it in python. could you just explain it.
>

>       Thanks....!

The answers you've been given so far assume vanilla Python and no add-on
packages.  However your previous similar questions regarding this was
apparently in the context of some sort of machine learning or data analysis
context, and was using scikit or some other addon package (pandas?) for
Python.   So  I suspect your question really is (supposing you're using the
Python "Pandas" package),  "how do I read a text file into a Pandas
dataframe?"  Can you please clarify what you're really asking and whether
the above question is still in the context of some other package?

You must understand that Python is a general purpose programming language,
and therefore that the idioms and ways of expressing certain things (like
reading a text file "into" Python) in the base language will be different
from how one would do it if you're using a specific specialized package.

Walter