[Tutor] how can i use python 2 alongside 3?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 24 18:04:33 CET 2013

On 24/01/2013 16:11, Matthew Ngaha wrote:

> there was a lot of reading in the previous links, i got a bit lost as
> i didnt recognize a lot of the words they were using. If i install
> Pyhon 3.3 do i need to uninstall my current python 3.1 and reinstall
> all the downloaded modules/packages i installed?

You don't have to uninstall 3.1 but you would have to install all the
downloaded modules or packages that you have in your 3.1 site packages
folder to the 3.3 site packages folder.  Maybe it's easier to simply
grab the standalone pylauncher as I suggested earlier.  Only you know
what is the path of least resistance.

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence