[Tutor] unclear topic

Matthew Ngaha chigga101 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 16:14:50 CET 2013

hey guys, this is not really a Python question. When ever im doing a
tutorial, it could be pygame or some gui application, i usually find
everything straight forward until the demonstration involves drawing.
Then maths is applied and i can't follow along as easily. In the end
by commenting out certain lines of code, i understand what each line
is doing but the fact is im still faced with being very weak at
drawing and working out the logic behind it. I also can't imagine if
im designing a program and need to do drawings of my own how i would
work out the calculations and be able to think for myself. The help im
asking for is what do i need to study to be able to design my own
programs that involve drawing? do i need to go off and learn maths? if
so which type? some sort of geometry? or do i start studying some sort
of physics? or does the answer lie within some framework/library
python tutorial?

on amazon ive seen:

maths books
physics book
2d engine physics books(box2d etc)
game physics books -  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Game-Physics-/dp/147103397X/

my other problem is i don't want to over do it. do i need to buy a
game physics book, if all i want to do is understand how to implement
my own calculations for complex objects etc? then again maybe that's
not so bad. If you know your way around this stuff? what did you learn
that gave you these skills?