[Tutor] Installing Python Packages

what ever railroadcancellation at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 03:58:51 CET 2013

I'm new to programming and I'm having trouble understanding the way
packaging works in Python. I've spent the past 0week reading up on the
subject, and I have a general idea of how it all works, but this is
still very frustrating for me.

I want to install four packages. Their names are pip, distribute,
nose, and virtualenv.
The big question is: How would you recommend I install these packages
on my system?
I was also hoping you could explain Python packaging in general.

If you can show me how to install these packages or point me in the
right direction, it would be greatly appreciated!

I am running OS X Leopard also known as OS 10.6.8
I am running Python 2.6.1 (python came pre-installed)

Thank you!  =D