[Tutor] got stuck in equation

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 02:15:14 CET 2013

On 1 January 2013 15:47, usama zohad <usamazohad at hotmail.com> wrote:
> my name is usama khan . . i am the student of civil engeering and we got
> assignment to make a project program on flexible pavement design using
> python.i know very litle about programing. still learning from tutorials. u
> can call me a beginner.now i need to solve this equation so that i can put
> this in python but the formula of design is very complext
>
> Formula is
> log(W18) = (Z)(S)+9.36log(SN+1)
> -2.0+(log(dpsi/(4.5-1.5))(/(.40+1094/(SN+1)^2.5)+2.32log(Mr)-8.07
>
> every thing is constant except this SN. . i want to seperate SN like SN=
> rest of the stuff. how can i seprate it because manualy its impossible to
> take SN out.
>
> so plz help me
> nd  kindly tell me the solution that is easiest in python as am beginner.

Didn't you post this exact question very recently? You should add
another post to the original thread if you are not satisfied with
answers you got there rather than starting a new one.

In any case your problem is not really a Python problem. You could use
Python to solve it, but then you can probably get the answer you want
just by putting your equation into something like Wolfram Alpha
without any programming:
http://www.wolframalpha.com/

Oscar