[Tutor] IronPython any tutors with experience out there?

Bjorn Madsen bjorn.madsen at operationsresearchgroup.com
Thu Jan 3 19:37:01 CET 2013

Hello PythonTutor
- I'm a scientist and very happy with python 2.7. I have been asked to
assist a development program where everything is written in dotNET/ C#
(visual studio 2012) and luckily Microsoft Visual Studio supports
IronPython which is a clean Python implementation in C#, so I can use the
Python syntax I'm so familiar with...

However ... to interact with the c# modules which my colleagues wrote, I
need to add "clr" references.

Example:
>>> import clr
>>> clr.AddReferenceToFile("Mapack.dll")
>>> from Mapack import *
>>> dir()

Unfortunately I can't get it to run and the tutorials after 12 hours of
google-reading are terribly sparse. Is there any experience somewhere in
the network with IronPython in VSTO-2012 in this forum and what could the
top five clr.addreference bugs be?

Kind Regards,

--
Bjorn