[Tutor] Trouble importing Paramiko

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Wed Jan 2 10:54:34 CET 2013

On 02/01/13 20:48, Ufuk Eskici wrote:
> Hello Steven,
>
> I've written this before:
>
> "My Python version is 2.7.3 and it is installed in "C:\Python27 (on the
> web, it says Paramiko-1.7.4 is supported with Python 2.7)"

How do you know it is installed in C:\Python27?

What is the output of

dir C:\Python27\paramiko*

from the Windows command.com or cmd.exe (?) shell?

> so I'm using the correct Python verion (2.7.3). But I dont know why I'm
> getting errors during Paramiko installation as I mentioned before.

If you got errors during installation, then Paramiko is NOT installed, or
at best it is installed in a broken state and cannot be used. You must
SUCCESSFULLY install Paramiko with no errors, or at least no important
errors.

If Paramiko was installed successfully, then "import paramiko" would work.
Since it doesn't work, you have to go back and look at the installation.

--
Steven