[Tutor] First Python Test

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 2 00:26:28 CET 2013

On 01/02/13 12:05, Simon Yan wrote:

>     I'd lke to use Xcode as my text editor.  Once I have Xcode open,
>     which template should I use to input the text ?

I don;t know about templates but there are instructions on the MacPython
pages that tell you how to set up XCode. I used it for some experiments
in Cocoa programming on my Mac. But it was a while ago.

> Just curious, why would you want to use XCode as a Python editor?

Lots of possible reasons:
1) He is already using XCode for other Mac projects and
    wants a familiar tool
2) XCode is a better editor than IDLE
3) He wants to do Cocoa (Mac GUI) programming and XCode
    provides integration with the MacOS GUI creator
4) He wants to have a mixed language program using
    Objective C and Python in the same project.

Any and all are perfectly reasonable and valid.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site