[Tutor] can't install

Lolo Lolo losermeloser at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 24 20:15:36 CET 2013

ive struggled all day to install pip on ubuntu 12.04 for python 3.3 . The only pip in the apt-get cache is for python 2. i tried to download pip from source but setuptools is missing when it tries to import it. This made me download setuptools with apt-get but the version there is only for python 3.2 I've also download the distribute_setup.py file to get pip through easy_install but it returns errors when it uses urllib.request. Something to do with https, although the same distribute_setup.py worked perfectly when i used it on windows for 3.1 and 3.3.

This all started because i wanted to use virtualenv. After installing it i couldn't use it cos it needed zlib which i didn't have. apt-get only has zlib for python 2.7.

I'm now at my wit's end. Life was great using windows. Everyone told me try ubuntu, now life is so stressful, even on christmas eve:( Any ideas on how to solve this issue would be appreciated:(