[Tutor] Saving files in Python, IDE's & editors

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 12:45:14 CET 2013

On 19 December 2013 11:15, spir <denis.spir at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do agree with most of what you say, except for one point, actually more a
> complement than an contradiction: I find it great whenever editors (I
> virtually never used IDE's properly)  have an integrated terminal (emulator,
> in fact), like geany or gedit. Most, nearly all of my actual programming
> time (as opposed to just thinking in the wild about current projects) is
> spent in code / run / diagnose loops; this means I would constantly be
> switching from/to editor/terminal. Pretty annoying, in my view.

I've got a great keyboard shortcut for that: alt-tab. The best thing
about it is that it works for everything so your editor doesn't also
need to integrate every other piece of software that's already
available on your system. :)

Seriously though, I showed my girlfriend (a social worker) how to do
alt-tab a couple of months ago and she was really pleased with the
productivity boost; she showed everyone at her work and is now
considered an IT pro in her office!

Oscar