[Tutor] Getting Started

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 18 22:25:28 CET 2013

On 18/12/2013 20:47, Alan Gauld wrote:
> On 18/12/13 19:21, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>
>> languages such as Java and C++.  For example, I use Eclipse and Pydev
>> and have the static code checker Pylint automatically look at my code as
>> I type.
>
> Ooh! that's a new one, how do you set that up?
> I use Eclipse/PyDev from time to time but I've never
> seen PyLint used on it in real time before.
> How does that work?

Go to window->preferences->pydev->pylint.

It works beautifully :)  Type something like this as the first two lines
in an editor window:-

if a == 1:
     print('a == 1')

and it gives you a red bar on the right and a red circle with a white
cross on the left.  Move the cursor over either and you get a small
popup window "Undefined variable: a".

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence