[Tutor] i installed the package statsmodels but i get an error when i use it

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 17 02:19:10 CET 2013

On 16/12/13 16:56, eva maria gualandi wrote:

> ) i run this simple programm
>
> import numpy as np
> import statsmodels
> from statsmodels.tsa import stattools

> x = np.array([1,2,3,4,3,4,2,3])
> result = statsmodels.tsa.statools.adfuller(x,1)

Since you explicitly imported stattools
you only need to call

statools.adfuller(x,1)

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "C:\Python27\esempio_adftest.py", line 3, in <module>
>      from statsmodels.tsa import stattools

No idea what's going on with the traceback though...

> the thing that i really don't understand is that in the shell window if
> i type import statsmodels.tsa i don't get any error, also if i type the
> help funcion i can see that in the package there is the function
> stattools that i need
>
>  >>> import statsmodels.tsa
>  >>> help(statsmodels.tsa)

Note that here you import statsmodels.tsa
Above you only import statsmodels

I don't know if it's significant here but get the
experiments consistent and then we can maybe see where
we are.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site