[Tutor] Suggestion required on python as scripting language

Amit Saha amitsaha.in at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 01:07:27 CET 2013

Hello,

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Shankar Donepudi
<umasankar.donepudi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am working as test engineer in Networking in storage domain. We have
> decided to automate our testing and have chosen python for the same. We have
> basic knowledge on python so can anyone suggest good tutorials for writing
> automation scripts using python.

As others have mentioned, you will most need to be more specific about
what you are trying to do and any specific problems you are facing. I
am going to take a guess and perhaps a book such "Python for Unix and
Linux System Administration" [1] may give you some ideas. I also wrote
this article a while ago [2] which is a fairly basic
introduction/treatment of exploring Linux using Python.

 [1] http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596515829.do (The reviews
aren't so good, but I did go through it and you will likely find
useful things there)
 [2] http://amitsaha.github.io/site/notes/articles/python_linux/article.html

Best,
Amit.