[Tutor] [OT] Replies go to individuals, not the list?

Andy McKenzie amckenzie4 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 00:40:53 CEST 2013

leam hall wrote:

> > The only question I have is what is compelling about being different than
> > other lists? Far as I can tell, most reply to the list if you click
> reply.
> >
> > It's not something to get religious over; if I reply and don't have time
> > make sure it goes to those who might be interested, at least it will go
> > the person I'm responding to. They can forward it on if it's important
> > enough.  :)
> >

> Yeah, and top-posting with html mail is similarly taking the easy way
> out.  After all, who cares if everyone else has to put up with your bad
> habits.

Well, since someone else brought it up... I really prefer top posting.  In
general, I don't WANT to reread every message:  I want to quickly get to
whatever is new.  Top posting, much like the return-address munging
question, is a personal preference.  For me, it runs opposite to what this
list requires.  Clearly whoever set up this list agreed with you.

What REALLY gets to me is the people who try to insist that their way is
objectively RIGHT, and everyone else is practicing bad habits, or polluting
the net, or some other nonsense like that.  The fact is, we just have
different work flow preferences.  You like one thing, I like another.  If
you want to present your view rationally and objectively, or talk about
your preferred layouts, that's fine.  But let's not start saying someone
has "bad habits" because they disagree with you.

Andy