[Tutor] Python Arduino Web Page

Engineering engg at cleantechsolution.in
Fri Aug 9 10:33:02 CEST 2013

I have written the following code in Python for my Arduino

#!c:\Python27\Python.exe

import cgi, cgitb;

import sys, serial

cgitb.enable()

ser = serial.Serial('COM27', 9600)

myvar = ser.readline()

print "Content-type:text/html\n\n"

print """

<head>

<title>

Real Time Temperature

</title>

  <script type="text/javascript">

    window.onload = startInterval;

    function startInterval()

    {

        setInterval("startTime();",1000);

    }

    function startTime(myvar)

    {

        document.getElementById('mine').innerHTML ="Temperature"
+parseInt(myvar);

    }

  </script>

</head>

<h1>Real Time Temperature:</h1>

"""

I have Apache Web Server

But on running this  my localhost , I am getting the following output
"TemperatureNaN" . Why is NaN being showed. Why cant I get the number as
read by se.readline()?

Is there a way to separate the Python code and the Javascript on different
files. If so can you please give a example.?

I am not really interested to do with bottle or other web framework as I
will be controlling my arduino with python from the web and also do video
image processing with openCV. Open CV have a support for Python and not for
Javascript.

Thanks

Subhendu Sinha Chaudhuri

CLEANTECH SOLUTION