[Tutor] .txt matrix import

Joshua Kim joshkim.319 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 18:38:27 CEST 2013

Hello,

This is my first time using Tutor, so I apologize for any fallacies I may be making; my problem involves opening a .txt file which contains several lines of descriptive information followed by a tab delimited matrix of numerical values… I am trying to find an effective way in which to skip the first 'X' number of lines in the .txt file (54 in my case) and input the columns of data into individual arrays (note the 55th line denotes the title of the column, so preferably I would like to have python use those values as the names to the individual array, but I am unsure of how involved that may become)

Any hints/suggestions/pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks