[Tutor] Concatenating numeric data in Python 3.3

sparkle Plenty sparkle.plenty12481632 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 18:52:01 CEST 2013

What is the best way to concatenate packed numeric data?  I am building a
message to send to a device and it has a very specific header format and
variable length payload.  Converting to string, concatenating, and then
converting back to numeric introduced errors.  The tuple() function also
introduced errors.

The code is proprietary so I am not comfortable posting it.  I have been
programming in Python for a few weeks.  It is my first OOP language.  My
background, in the dim and distant past, is mainframe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.