[Tutor] trouble installing library

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Wed Apr 24 17:46:30 CEST 2013

On 04/24/2013 11:18 AM, Lolo Lolo wrote:
>>> Microsoft's C/C++ runtime only
>>> uses double quotes. So just change it to the following:
>
>      >> python -c "import googlemaps"
>
> Thanks this solved the issue, now another issue has been thrown. Just not my day. after the 1st module error happens, they show the correct way to install google maps, i will show there results, then mine.
>
>              <SNIP>

>>> Reference: Parsing C++ Command-Line Arguments
>>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/17w5ykft%28v=vs.100%29
>
> C++ is behind the windows command line?

No, the Windows command line does no parsing at all.  It's just a
string.  However, CPython is built using the Microsoft C (C++) compiler,
so by default it uses their runtime library, with its quirks.

It would certainly be possible to write ones own argv builder, but by
using the "standard" one, CPython is more consistent with other Windows
apps, most of which now use the same library functions.

In Unix type systems, the command line implementation is very different.
  I don't know if it's even possible to access the raw command line.

--
DaveA