[Tutor] creating dictionary from a list

eryksun eryksun at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 19:50:44 CEST 2013

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Saad Javed <sbjaved at gmail.com> wrote:

> As for the underscores, what happened is that I didn't voluntarily add the
> underscores to begin with. If you read the emails again, after Mark's answer
> about not looping, I asked that the dictionary created as a result of his
> code wasn't ordered.

You replied with a multipart MIME message that included both plain
text and HTML versions.

HTML:

    if item.startswith((
      'Mon',
      'Tue',
      '<u></u>Wed',
      'Thu',
      'Fri',
      'Sat',
      'Sun'))<u></u>

Text:

    item.startswith(
        ('Mon','Tue','**Wed','Thu','Fri','Sat','Sun'))**

I don't know how the <u></u> underline tags got in there. They aren't
in the quote in Mark's message. Either way, for the plain text part,
your email program substituted "**". Others substituted "__".

There'd be no problem if you didn't use rich text in the first place.
Email programs always manage to mangle HTML. Besides, it really has no
place whatsoever on this forum. I always reply in plain text here.