[Tutor] Classes in multiple files - code included

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Thu Apr 4 04:12:04 CEST 2013

On 04/04/13 11:58, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On 04/04/13 12:47, Phil wrote:
>
>> And this is the error message;
>>
>> "global name 'Ui_satListDialog' is not defined"
>
> On its own, that is almost useless.
>
> Python gives you more debugging information than that: it gives you a
> complete traceback, which includes the actual line of code causing the
> problem. We don't even know which file gives the error, let alone which
> line of code!
>
> When you try to run the program, you will get an error. Please copy and
> paste the *complete* traceback, starting with the line "Traceback (most
> recent call last)" all the way to the bottom. It will show you which
> file contains the error, what type of error it is, and which line fails.

Thank you for your reply Steven,

As useless as the error message may be it's the only one given.

phil at Asus:~/Eric/Pest$ python pest.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/phil/Eric/Pest/ui/mainwindow.py", line 57, in
on_actionList_triggered
     dialog = Ui_satListDialog.SatelliteListDialog(self)
NameError: global name 'Ui_satListDialog' is not defined
^CTraceback (most recent call last):
   File "pest.py", line 9, in <module>
     sys.exit(app.exec_())

--