[Tutor] Lotka-Volterra Model Simulation Questions

Walter Prins wprins at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 16:20:20 CEST 2012

Oscar,

On 30 September 2012 11:50, Oscar Benjamin <oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com> wrote:
> In any case I guess you won't be pleased by my discovery that, thanks to PEP
> 3131, the following is valid code in Python 3 (I've attached the code in
> case it doesn't display properly):
>
> '''
> #!/usr/bin/env python3
> # -*- encoding: utf-8 -*-
>
> # Parameters
> α = 1
> β = 0.1
> γ = 1.5
> δ = 0.075

Hey thanks for posting this, I wasn't aware that this is possible!  I
really like the fact that you are able to do this if required.  (If
your problem domain and hence the target audience is a group of people
where a certain set of symbols have a well established conventional
set of meanings [and hence will be quite readable to them] then I
think it's quite sensible to just use the conventional lingo, incl.
symbols when suitable, so as I say, I really like the fact that Python
can support the above directly.  )  Thanks again for posting!

Walter