[Tutor] Python Assignment Question

Aija Thompson aijathompson at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 24 22:56:14 CEST 2012

Hi,
Yeah this is my first assignment and I've never worked on anything programming before.
I am working in Python 2.7
The shorter and longer months thing is just a not to myself, that is why it has the hash tag before he sentence.
But my initial plan was to make a string of months and a string of the number of days in those months and have them compare to each other. So it would go through a loop and if you typed in February it would look through the list of numbers and see that January comes before and has 31 days and would add the number of days in February it has been. For instance 22. And it would add 22 to 31 to come up with how many days it has been this year so far.  So I've been trying to make that work some way but I have so far been pretty unsuccesful. Does the way I'm even thinking about making the loop make sense?
Thanks!