[Tutor] Unzipping a Zip of folders that have zips within them that I'd like to unzip all at once.

Gregory Lund gnj091405 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 20:00:41 CEST 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Peter Otten <__peter__ at web.de> wrote:
> Gregory Lund wrote:

>>> and then run it from the shell like this:
ahh, windows shell, not python shell.

from the directions Peter linked to, I shift-right clicked on the
folder where my script resided
(hope that was right)
then after
D:\D_Drive_Documents\Scripts\Unzip_a_zip_of_zips\Scripts>
I typed:python unzip_twice.py 2012-09-18 Lab_2.zip Student_Work_Sample_usecopy1
where:
unzip_twice.py is the script name as suggested by Steve
2012-09-18 Lab_2.zip is the zipfile
Student_Work_Sample_usecopy1 is the folder the zipfile resides and
where I want the info extracted to.

Lucky me... NOT...:-)
I got:
"'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file" (without the quotes of course)

I am still worried that none of this will transfer to my GUI after I
get it working.
Is there a way to do this using the code that I started so that it
will work without the command prompt?
I got part of it to work, as detailed earlier, but... not the second
round of zips.

Maybe it can't be done?

Thanks for the continued help.
either way, once I get it to finally work, it will save me time.

Greg