[Tutor] index of elements in numpy array

Bala subramanian bala.biophysics at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 10:36:08 CEST 2012

Thank you all for the answer. Below, i have pasted a sample code that
shows what i am intending to do. The code fails at line 13 as numpy
array dnt have a index attribute.

  1 #!/usr/bin/env python
  2 import numpy as np
  3
  4 a=np.array([1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12])
  5
  6 b=np.reshape(a,(3,4))
  7
  8 z=[100,101,102,103,104,106,107,108,109,110,111,112]
  9
 10 # loop over each row
 11 for i1, d1 in enumerate(b):
 12     # each x in d1 - value in z corresponding to index of x in d1
 13     d1=[x-z[d1.index(x)] for x in d1]

If d1 is a simple list, i can fetch the index of its element as
d1.index(x). So i would like to know how can achieve the same with
numpy array.

Thanks once again,
Bala

--