[Tutor] Musical note on python

Dwight Hutto dwightdhutto at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 10:30:36 CEST 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 4:04 AM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 12/09/2012 08:47, Dwight Hutto wrote:
>>
>> So the following would be the script, except the ability to change
>> specific values such as frequency with a scroll widget.
>>
>> import os
>>
>> #Variables for system call
>>
>> command_line_app_for sound = "speaker-test"
>> frequency =  " --frequency 2000"
>> length_of_sound_ms = " --period 5000"
>> test_type = " --test sine"
>>
>> #System call with variables placed in
>>
>> os.system( command_line_app_for sound + frequency + length_of_sound_ms
>> + test_type)
>>

> Extremely useful if and only if this is what the OP wants.  I prefer working
> to facts and not assumptions, plus the full context of previous messages.

The facts are, he's either going to call from a python module with
parameters, or use a command line call(whether it's windows, or
linux), or maybe he can type in 'python docs sound' into google, or go
through a ctypes(which I can reference, and find an example of.

Those are the facts.

The assumption is that they're going to use oneof the usual methods,
and I'm giving a VARIETY of factual options available.

What are you doing other than pointing out my comments are out of
context, when they clearly are in context.

All you can do is point out some it's out of context, when it's all in
context, and that is a fact.

Want to help them with how to ask a question...Quit saying give us an
OS, and some short blurb about how I'm answering out of context, and
point them to this link:

http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
--
Best Regards,