[Tutor] multi processes or threads?

richard kappler richkappler at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 16:04:39 CEST 2012

I'm not sure which direction to go.  I need to be able to run multiple
?processes? ?threads? (not sure which) concurrently.  I'm working on AI for
a robot and because I'm not sure what direction to go I'll use the term
"thread" to illustrate my question, realizing threads may not be what I'm
looking for.  The bot would have several "threads" running concurrently so
as to be aware of it's state, such as a vision thread, an object and face
recognition thread, a chat thread, a command and control thread, a nav
thread, you get the idea.  In order to do this in python, should I be
looking at threads, multiprocessing, something else or is this not
practicable in python?

regards, Richard

--
Eat a live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will
happen to you the rest of the day.