[Tutor] Python and xml *creation*

Devin Jeanpierre jeanpierreda at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 01:01:47 CEST 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Sander Sweers <sander.sweers at gmail.com> wrote:
> Op vrijdag 26 oktober 2012 17:00:16 schreef Prasad, Ramit:
>> Based on the most recent comment (May 2010) I would probably
>> stick with online tutorials.
>
> I generally do not trust "reviews" on the publisher's website as they have
> been proved to be constructed by them.

Why would the publisher construct a negative review? And if it did,
would you distrust it and decide that the book was actually good?

>> http://www.blog.pythonlibrary.org/2012/06/06/parsing-xml-with-python-using-l
>> xml-objectify/ http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonXml
>> http://eli.thegreenplace.net/2012/03/15/processing-xml-in-python-with-elemen
>> ttree/
>
> The first and the last are about parsing/processing existying xml. I did find
> the page on the python wiki but untill now I missed the effbot page on
> elementtree (it is "hidden" almost at the bottom of the page together with the
> a list of books o_O).

As far as lxml goes, there is also the E factory:

- http://lxml.de/tutorial.html#the-e-factory
- http://lxml.de/objectify.html#tree-generation-with-the-e-factory

And you can create valid XML via a template via Genshi:

- http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/GenshiTutorial

-- Devin