[Tutor] Segmentation Fault shenanigans with wx Gui

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 20 01:58:01 CEST 2012

On 19/10/12 23:05, Marco Mistroni wrote:
> Hi all
>   i have written a wx GUI which downloads json data from a server, and
> populate a listbox.
> use events, but i am still getting a segmentation fault

A segmentation fault is usually due to a fault down in the C code. With
wxPython that means most likely a bug in the underlying wxWidgets
libraries. Have a look in the wxWidgets forums for a known issue with
your version. Or try asking there.

I doubt it will be a Python problem - except in that it might
be passing an integer (especially zero) where wxWidgets expects a pointer.

HTH,

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site