[Tutor] Through a glass, darkly: the datetime module

Roel Schroeven roel at roelschroeven.net
Sun Oct 7 21:19:49 CEST 2012

Sander Sweers schreef:

> Op 7 okt. 2012 04:29 schreef <akleider at sonic.net
> <mailto:akleider at sonic.net>> het volgende:
>  > I'm also not sure but I seem to remember that it is
>  > ("SUNDAY", "MONDAY", "TUESDAY", "WEDNESDAY", "THURSDAY", "FRIDAY",
>  > "SATURDAY", "SUNDAY")
>  > which I think is extremely clever because it gets around the problem
>  > created by the fact that some people (misguided in my view) begin the
> week
>  > with Sunday instead of ending with it.
>
> This has religious reasons, see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Week#Systems_derived_from_the_seven-day_week.
> Notable exception to the rule that Sunday is the first day of the week
> in europe is Italy, they consider Monday the first day of the week.

As far as I know, monday is generally considered the first day of the
week here in Belgium. I never knew it was different in other European
countries; I thought it was America that starts the week on sunday. Was
I wrong then?

--
"Too often we hold fast to the cliches of our forebears. We subject all
facts to a prefabricated set of interpretations. Too often we enjoy the

roel at roelschroeven.net