[Tutor] Through a glass, darkly: the datetime module

Richard D. Moores rdmoores at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 01:19:11 CEST 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 7:15 AM, Walter Prins <wprins at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does this hint help?

> 2012-11-04

Yes! Thanks to all for their rapid responses.

But now I'm thinking it would be handy to not only know that, say, 500
days from today is 2014-02-18, but to know what day if the week that
is. I suppose the calendar module is to be used for this, but I
haven't been able to get it to work for me. So what day of the week IS
2014-02-18?

The docs say
calendar.weekday(year, month, day)
Returns the day of the week (0 is Monday) for year (1970–...), month
(1–12), day (1–31).

>>> import calendar
>>> calendar.weekday(2014, 2, 18)
1

That "1" means Tuesday, right? But how can I use calendar to print out
that word, "TUESDAY"?

Thanks

Dick