[Tutor] Listen for input while performing other tasks

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 15:05:14 CET 2012

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Francois Dion <francois.dion at gmail.com> wrote:
> This should really be done with interrupts, but unfortunately there is
> no support in the RPi.GPIO module for that, even if you have a patched
> kernel.

Thank you for all this great information.  I ended up going with a
simple solution; I created a separate "listener" script that just
waits for a button press.  When the mode button is pressed, it uses
os.system() to kill the other script and then starts it up again in
the next mode.  This seems to work well for my purposes.