[Tutor] please give me feedback - linux & virtual machine python script

pygods at hush.com pygods at hush.com
Sun Nov 4 06:43:30 CET 2012

Hi,

This script helps load files with the corresponding application inside
a virtual machine from the host file manager. The script is accessed
by right clinking the file from Nautilus file manager
(Linux/Gnome/Ubuntu Unity) in the host. For the Nautilus script menu
to work, the file openinvm.py needs to be (or linked) in
/home/USER/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts/
With a file/samba share setup in the host, loadapps.py is able to load
the file (located in host) with the default application in and from
the virtual machine.

The following are the steps to load files in the virtual machine from
the host without using windows explorer in the VM.

* find the desired file in the host with Nautilus file manager
* right click file and select openinvm.py under scripts.
* If virtual machine is not opened, openinvm.py will load it.
* after the virtual machine is loaded, openinvm.py will send the file
path information to loadapps.py in the virtual machine.
* loadapps.py will load the file from the samba share with the default
application under windows.

This script can probably be made to load files in OS X but it's
currently working with windows xp.
There are more features I like to implement but It would be nice to
get constructive feedback from the community.
Here is the code http://pastebin.com/R8b8M5PR

Let me know if this email is not clear and I will try to explain.

Thank you!