[Tutor] Python 2.7 Static Version and Postgresql

Joel Goldstick joel.goldstick at gmail.com
Tue May 29 14:28:30 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 7:20 AM, Opher Lubzens <opher.lubzens at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Joel Goldstick <joel.goldstick at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 2:42 AM, Opher Lubzens <opher.lubzens at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hello to the list, I'm working on a python script that has to interact
>> > with
>> > a Postgresql database, and the only python version I can use is python
>> > 2.7-static. I have two questions:
>> >
>> > 1) Is there any way to add libraries to this version?
>> >

>> yes.
>>
>> maybe this will get you started:
>> http://zetcode.com/db/postgresqlpythontutorial/
>

> Unfortunately I'm using this in my work, and cannot rely on the psycopg2
> extension being available in the server that the script will run on unless I
> can enter it into the python-static bundle as an in-built module: I'm aware
> of the extension and would love to be able to use it. I apologise for my
> question being unclear- English is not my first language.
>
> Thanks,
> Opher Lubzens

I can't help with python static bundle.  Its something I have never
heard of.  But have you heard about virtualenv?  Its a application
that lets you create local python environments -- so that downloading
modules stay in a local environment and only run when you enter that
space.  I believe it temporarily changes some paths so that your local
modules get loaded instead of looking in normal area where python
keeps them.
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv

--
Joel Goldstick