[Tutor] [OT] Re: Optimally configuring Emacs for W7-64bit and Python

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Mon May 28 00:19:18 CEST 2012

> I'd be happy to answer any further questions you might have. But, 1) I won't
> be prompt due to travel, and 2) if you write about org-mode, let us go
> off-list as we've strayed from tutor's purpose.

Brian, my primary question(s) are how to best configure Emacs for
Python development. Is the existing major mode for Python sufficient
for my needs in your opinion? When I have done some Googling, another
major mode for Python has been mentioned. However, when I go to the
Emacs help manual mention is only made of one. There has also been
mention of what I presume are external Lisp modules that add
additional functionality to either Python major mode. Are any of these
worth pursuing? What type of configuration do you use?

Currently I have deferred Python study to work through a few chapters
of my Emacs books, so I can start to get comfortable with the keyboard
movement and editing commands. Once I feel semi-comfortable with these
then I will more thoroughly investigate configuration options for
Python within Emacs.

Hope you are enjoying your travel time!

--
Cheers!