[Tutor] Coding Challenges

Martin A. Brown martin at linux-ip.net
Mon May 21 17:14:13 CEST 2012

Hello,

 : Being new to programming, I've found that my learning is
 : accelerated when I've been asked to write scripts and deliver
 : them in a specified time frame...Then, have those scripts
 : critiqued.
 :
 : My question: Would the moderators of this list be interested in
 : creating a monthly "challenge" of sorts? Then, those who
 : participated could receive suggestions on how their code could
 : have been written differently.
 :
 : If not, and you know of something else like this that exists,
 : would you kindly share those resources?

I'm answering a question slightly tangential to what you asked, in
the time-honored tradition of asking a completely different
question...

Are you familiar with Project Euler?

  http://projecteuler.net/
  http://projecteuler.net/problems

I don't know whether critique is involved in the Project Euler,
though.  I would agree, having a concrete task to approach is a good
way to learn.

Enjoy,

-Martin

--