[Tutor] table to dictionary and then analysis

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue May 15 20:14:45 CEST 2012

On 15/05/12 10:36, Russel Winder wrote:
> ...queries passed over it then year a database it the
> right thing -- though I would probably choose a non-SQL database.

As a matter of interest why?
And what kind of alternative would you use?

It seems to me that SQL is ideally suited(*) to this type of role. I'm
curious what the alternatives might be and why they would be preferred?

(*)Because: Flexible query language, wide set of tools including GUI
query builders, reporting tools etc. Plus easy integration with
programming environments, scaleability (less an issue here),
security(usually) etc.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site