[Tutor] error when using using subprocess.popen in Python wrapper script

Rogelio scubacuda at gmail.com
Mon May 7 09:18:41 CEST 2012

If I want to write this command to a file, would this be the right format?

*********************************
import subprocess

(all my variables defined okay)

perl_script=subprocess.call(['perl',perl_prog,ipfile,cmd,user,timeout,])

log=open('/tmp/pythonOutput.txt',w)
log.write(subprocess.call(perl_script))

The program runs (and outputs stuff on the screen okay), but when I
"cat /tmp/pythonOutput.txt", nothing is there.

(While I'm not waiting for the entire program to run across all the IP
addresses, I would think that something would be go out into that log
file.)