[Tutor] advice on an app

Joel Goldstick joel.goldstick at gmail.com
Tue May 1 12:35:05 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 5:19 AM, Khalid Al-Ghamdi <emailkgnow at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I'm trying to create an app that schedules 3000 to 5000 trainees'
> practical exams.
>
> All the trainees basic info (name, badge, major, etc.) is in excel and i've
> managed to convert it into a HUGE list via a csv.reader object.
>
> My question is: is this the right way to go or should i use sqlight3
> instead?
>
> thanks

I would first start with all my fields and understanding how they
relate to each other.  The student/course situation you may be
describing is often used as an example in sql tutorials since it is
easy to understand and lends itself to a nice discussion about joins.

The size of your data set isn't really a problem.  Thousands of
records are a lot to look at on a printout, but not a big deal for a
computer script (python) or a database endgine (sqlite3).

--
Joel Goldstick