[Tutor] Syntax error help

chris knarvik x23chris at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 22:26:02 CEST 2012

Alright i have been trying to right a (relatively) simple to calculate area
and volume below is my current working code
def areamenu():
    print 'Square (1)'
    print 'triangle (2)'
    print 'rectangle (3)'
    print 'trapazoid (4)'
    print 'circle (5)'

def squareacalc():
    sidelength = input('enter side length: ')
    print ' the side length is' sidelength ** 2

def displaymenu():
    print 'please make a selection';
    print 'Area (1)';
    choice = input(raw_input('enter selection number'):
    if (choice == 1):
        Areamenu():

    else:
        print 'choice' , choice, ' is wrong try again'

def selctiona():
    Areamenu();
    choicea = input(raw_input'enter selection');
    if (choicea == 1):
        squareacalc()

 print 'good bye'

I keep getting this error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#3>", line 1, in <module>
    import Area
  File "C:\Python27\Area.py", line 10
    areamenu()
           ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

can anyone tell me what im doing wrong i cant see the problem
help would be appreciated