[Tutor] Unable to open .py files directly

Surya K suryak at live.com
Wed Mar 21 14:00:29 CET 2012

Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 19:11:18 -0400
From: bgailer at gmail.com
To: suryak at live.com
CC: tutor at python.org
Subject: Re: [Tutor] Unable to open .py files directly

    On 3/19/2012 10:30 AM, Surya K wrote:

        Hi there,

        I am facing a typical problem in opening .py files by
          clicking them (In windows).

    In addition to the other advice -

    "open" is ambiguous. What do you want to happen? Edit or execute?

    clicking a file usually just selects it. Do you mean double-click or
    what?

    The more precise you are regarding what you want and what you do
    makes it a lot easier for us to help.

    --
Bob Gailer
919-636-4239

I was "double clicking".. and I want to open IDLE.