[Tutor] (no subject)

Martin A. Brown martin at linux-ip.net
Tue Jun 19 22:02:44 CEST 2012

Greetings Selby,

 :         I have a small, [for the most part] functioning
 : translation app for Rydish, a language created for the sole
 : purpose of an RPG. The only problem is when I enter a word that
 : has not yet been translated, I get this error:
 :
 : Traceback (most recent call last):
 :   File "translator.py", line 25, in <module>
 :     Etranslate()
 :   File "translator.py", line 14, in Etranslate
 :     print(Edictionary[Eword])
 : KeyError: 'world'
 :
 : Is there a way to print a user-freindly message instead of
 : displaying a traceback? Thanks,         -Selby

Try the two techniques here (and the one Joel just posted):

  http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2012-June/090025.html

-Martin

(You asked your question much more clearly this time and with a code
sample--so, keep it up and enjoy the Python.)

--
Martin A. Brown
http://linux-ip.net/