[Tutor] error_connection_refused

BILAL Mustapha Mustapha.Bilal at imag.fr
Tue Jun 5 13:53:09 CEST 2012

Hello,

  I am trying to lunch a small python program but I am always getting
this error:

s.connect((IP, PORT))
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 224, in meth
     return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
socket.error: [Errno 111] Connection refused

What's weird that it doesn't even print the line "test sending data" so
how it could get to s.connect() without passing through this line!!

Here is the code:

#!/usr/bin/python
import socket
import thread
import time
from threading import Thread
import threading
import sys
IP = "130.190.31.167"
PADDING = "a" * 1000
DATA = PADDING + "this is sentence number = "
PORT = 8000
killed = False
count=0

def main():
     print("the network manager process is created")
     send_data()
def send_data():
*print("test sending data")*
*s.connect((IP, PORT))*