[Tutor] [Parser/pgen] Error 1

Walter Prins wprins at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 20:07:23 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 4 June 2012 18:27, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 04/06/12 17:18, Prasad, Ramit wrote:
>
> apt-cache search python | grep ^python[1-9]
>
>> Works on Ubuntu too. But when I try it (10.4 LTS) it only
> shows versions 2.6, 3 and 3.1. Not 2.7...

Just to add/point out for the sake of the original poster: The
original web page referenced was about installing Python 2.7 on Ubuntu
10.04, which didn't include and didn't have Python 2.7 available from
package repositories, which is why the author of the web page had to
install it manually.  However, the original question poster is in fact
using Ubuntu 12.04, which does come with Python 2.7 included  and also
likely has a few other version available in the package repositories.
So the web page is actually not applicable to the original poster,
unless he's also trying to install a version of Python not available
in the 12.04 package repositories.  To the original poster: What
version of Python are you trying to install?

Best regards,

Walter