[Tutor] New user Knows nothing about python I Need HELP

Jerry Hill malaclypse2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 20:21:40 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 2:02 PM, William Stewart
<williamjstewart at rogers.com> wrote:
> I have no Idea how to start this task I have never used ANY programming programs before And I dont Know the language either
> The online help files from python Did not help a bit

Here's a few resources that might get you started.

First, if you haven't seen it, I found the official python tutorial to
be a great place to start: http://docs.python.org/tutorial/  That may
assume more familiarity with programming in general than you are
comfortable with, though.

In that case, you might be interested in a whole bunch of resources
designed to teach python to people who haven't done any programming at
all: http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/NonProgrammers

Once you're a bit more comfortable, there are a ton more documentation
aimed at learning python for people who are already somewhat familiar
with other programming languages:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/Programmers

Hope that helps some,
Jerry