[Tutor] Deleting an object

George Nyoro geonyoro at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 16:14:41 CET 2012

Hi all,

       Last time I tried to post a question regarding this, I was asked to
clarify. Okay so here it is. There is a class called Table and objects are
just tables, you know, matrices, holding different types of data. Thing is,
I want to provide a method where one can delete the object and then if the
user tries using a variable to access a certain method or attributes, he
gets an error. Let me give an example;

class Table:

def delete_this(self):

#code to delete this object or assign it null or None

pass

def do_something(self):

pass

x=Table()

x.delete_this()

#at this point, I want such that if I try to use x I get some sort of error
e.g.

x.do_something()

#Error: x is definitely not an object anymore

 All clear?