[Tutor] P4Python silent Installation

Nitish Mahajan nitcoolish at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 10:46:05 CET 2012

Hi,

I use Python 2.5 and hence consequently use the file
P4Python-1.0.win32-py2.5.exe in order to add the Perforce APIs. I would
like to create a silent installation for them.

Python 2.5 being an msi is easily run silently using /q but the other file
“P4Python-1.0.win32-py2.5.exe” doesnot accept that flag. It says that it is
created using “Distutils-2.5.0”.

Is there any standard flag for silent installation for disutils file. Else
is there a way I can create an msi package of this file
“P4Python-1.0.win32-py2.5.exe” on which I can use the flag.

*Regards*,
Nitish